After months-nay, years-of are-they-or-aren’t-they news concerning the making of the next James Bond film, last week, we finally got confirmation that Bond 23 is, in fact, happening! And it has a name: Skyfall. How mysterious! For Skyfall, Sam Mendes takes over the directorial reigns from Martin Campbell, the director of the last two Bond flicks, Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace, Daniel Craig returns as 007, Javier Bardem has signed on to play the dastardly villain… and of course there’s got to be a Bond girl or two. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Berenice Marlohe, who, alongside familiar face Naomi Harris, will be stepping into the shoes of one of Skyfall’s exotic Bond girls. But you may be wondering: Who exactly is Berenice Marlohe and why haven’t you heard of her before? Well, since she’s a relative unknown, there’s plenty to learn about her. Allow us to enlighten you with these 20 facts about the French beauty!
Before we begin, a note about the number: Normally, yes, we’d be sharing with you 25 facts about Berenice, not 20. However, information about this lovely lady is extremely scarce, so we’ve pulled together everything we could find-which amounted to five facts fewer than usual. Forgive us just this once; we still guarantee there are many tidbits of information here that you don’t know. And away we go
1. At 32 (she was born on May 19, 1979), Berenice is one of the older Bond girls in recent memory.Eva Green (Vesper Lynde in Casino Royale) was only 26 at the time she donned the mantel and Gemma Arterton (Strawberry Fields in Quantum of Solace) was a mere 22.
2. But! She’s still not the oldest recent Bond girl on the block: Halle Berry beats her by 4 years.She was 36 when she played Jinx in Die Another Day.
3. Skyfall could well be Berenice’s big break. Up til now, she’s worked primarily in French television on shows like Père et Maire (Father and Mayor) and Femmes de Loi (Women of the Law).
4. In fact, she’s a relative newcomer to acting: Her first gig was a short entitled La Discordance(The Discordance), which she made just four years ago in 2007.
5. Naturally, though, you won’t be surprised to find out that she’s also a model. That’s what she did before breaking into acting.
Read the rest of this entry »